Gynecology and obstetrics are twin subjects that deal with the female reproductive system. Nelson Hospital is best gynecology hospital in Nagpur While obstetrics deals with pregnancy and its associated procedures and complications, gynaecology involves treating women who are not pregnant. Gynecology comprises of both medicine as well as surgical fields. While many of the gynaecological illnesses need hormonal and other pharmacological management, cancers, fibroids etc. require surgical removal.
Gynecologists use a range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Some of the procedures that are widely used in gynecology include:-
1) Hysterectomy or removal of the uterus
2) Ovary removal
3) Removal of fallopian tubes during surgery
4) Taking cone biopsies from the inner walls of the uterus if cancer of the womb is suspected
5) Colposcopy and hysteroscopy, where the insides of the uterus are viewed using endoscope like instruments
6) Taking biopsy or tissue samples from the cervix, if cancer is suspected
7) Taking routine Pap smears from the cervix in order to diagnose and detect cervix cancer
8) Ultrasound examination of the reproductive organs
9) Laparoscopy or visualizing the inner abdominal organs of the female reproductive system and diagnosis and removal of cysts and infections from the ovaries and fallopian tubes
10) Removal of uterus fibroids
11) Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
12) Diagnosis and treatment of urinary incontinence
13) Diagnosis problems with menstruation like absence, heavy bleeding, irregular or no-onset of menstruation etc.
14) Diagnosis and treatment of cancers of cervix, vagina, vulva, uterus or ovary along with a team of physicians and surgeons including an oncologist or cancer specialist.
We are the Best Multispeciality Hospital in Nagpur.