Cosmetic Surgery Hospital in Nagpur, India
Total joint replacement is a surgical procedure in which parts of an arthritic or damaged joint are removed and replaced with a metal, plastic, or ceramic device called a prosthesis. The prosthesis is designed to replicate the movement of a normal, healthy joint.
Hip replacement surgery and knee replacement surgery are most common, but replacement surgeries for other joints, including ankle replacement and shoulder replacement, are also possible.
What are 3 key risks of joint replacement surgery
Are there any risks?
- stiffness of the knee.
- infection of the wound.
- deep infection of the joint replacement, needing further surgery.
- unexpected bleeding into the knee joint.
- ligament, artery or nerve damage in the area around the knee joint.
- blood clots or deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- persistent pain the in the knee.